D.A. Rajapaksha memorial public library
– Kosgama –
Name of the Library :- D.A. Rajapakse memorial public library, Kosgama
Electorate :- Awissawella
Revenue Area :- Kosgama
Mother Institution :- Kosgama Sub office of the Seethawaka Pradeshiya Sabha
Commenced year of the Library:- 1974-05-14
Building :- Area Square feet ——–
Library resources :- Books for Library Collection 11938
(Medium of Knowledge) (Sinhala, English, Tamil)
- Daly news
- Sunday Observer
- Sunday Times
Weekly Women’s Newspapers
Weekly children’s newspapers
Weekly religious newspapers
Weekly Astrology Newspapers
Organization of Library Resources
- All library books are categorized according to the classification of libraries.
- Books are stacked on shelves according to numbers from 000 to 999.
- Books are circulated under Brown system.
- The following newspaper articles are available under the Documentation Services.
- Collection of Regional Information Articles on Seethawaka Pradeshiya Sabha area
- Information on countries
- Balangoda Ananda Maithree Thero
- Beautiful Garden (Garden Decoration)
- Articles on ornamental fish breeding
- Information on Suwasetha Medical science
- Something about a village
- Culinary Recipes
- Sewing crafts
- Articles on Ceylon History
- Articles on Agriculture
Main sections and services
- Lending Section
- Reference Section
- Children’s Section
- Reading Section of newspapers and magazines
- Mobile Library service
- Special Collection
Introduction programs for the library
- Project services such as the Inter-Library Quiz Competition
- Story hour program (for children under 10 years of age)
- Book Exhibitions (Annual)
- Literary competitions
- Maintain the creations display board
- Conducting Quiz, painting, Folk Song, Poetry and Essay Competitions through Pradeshiya Sabha Library collection.
- Getting book donations
- Maintenance of a notice board that updates the government gazette and newspaper posts such as vacancies.
- Displaying essential contact information of government institutions.
- Mobile Library Service
Number of Readers :- Total Readers – 2473
- Permanent Resident / Government Employee / School Students in the Kosgama Sub Office area are eligible to be a member.
- Specimen Application Form
- Child / Adult applications can be obtained at the Library or downloaded from the Internet.
- Membership Fees
- Adults – Rp. 51.00
- Children – Rp. 30.60
- Membership can be obtained by paying Rs . 500/- for a child Member, Rs . 1000/- for an adult Member as a deposit In the absence of a guarantor to obtain the membership
General rules and regulations that members must adhere to
Constitution of the library
Type Number …………… Access Number ………..
D.A. Rajapakse Memorial Public Library, Kahahena – 0363865351
Documents that contain the full set of rules and regulations can be obtained only for viewing.
Two tickets will be issued to an outside reader.. This gives him the right to borrow two books at a time.
Books must be returned within 14 days from the date of borrowed. If a member fails to return any book to the Librarian within fourteen days he should agreed to pay a fine of Rs.1/- for a book per day.
Any book that is not requested by another external reader may be extended for another 14 days or less at the discretion of the Librarian. The book should be brought to the library to extend the period. Lending Section of the Library Open daily from 8.30 am to 16.15 p.m. The Library will be closed on public holidays and on any other day or days as determined by the Library Authority..
The books should not be given to anyone by the reader. No person with an infectious disease should carry the books. If you know that someone is infected with disease.
You should not allow him to use any books in the library.
- Books can be borrowed for 14 days
- Fines will be charged as follows for each additional day.
- Children’s section late fee 0.50 Cnts per day
- Elders section late Rs. 00 per day
- The above amount will be charged as late fees for a book from 01 to 30
- from 31 to 90 days, Rs. 40/- per book
- from 91 to 180 days, Rs. 80/- per book
- more than 180 days, Rs. 100/- per book
- Half of these amounts are charged to the child section as late fees
Library Management : –
- The staff of the library
- Library Assistant – 01
- (Library Guardian)
- Library Workers – 01
- Substitute Workers – 01
- Open on seven weekdays
- From 30 a.m
- To 15 p.m
- (excluding government holidays)
Library Readers’ society :-
- There is a very active Readers’
- Readers’ society meets once a month.
Statistical Information :-
- Statistical files are maintained in all sections of the library.
Removing books :-
- Removing of books is done on the recommendation of the Annual Board of Goods Survey.